There are important parameters in making a highly effective grooming experience.
Having the right tool is vital- we have innovated the best!
Checkout these tips on proper technique while using Curry on a Stik’
- Grooming can be hard work- that is why we have made our brush strong, balanced and with some weight. This creates a mechanical advantage which allows the groomer to let the brush do the work as opposed to the biceps & triceps.
- Setting goals: If your approach is to get the hair off, well that is easy. Most brushes simply cut or tear the hair. However if your goal is to massage the skin, muscle & fascia, in turn stimulating circulation and opening the micro-vasculature, then this is your brush. These methods help to release natural oils & remove painful stagnation as well as creating a meaningful experience. Our brush, coupled with proper technique, will do exactly that.
- Utilize the brush in the bathing and shampooing process to further enrich the effects of the combined brush and natural shampoo.
- Be mindful of what you are doing and observe the horses experience, trying to stay away from distractions.
- Begin the grooming process and finish the grooming process lightly over the areas that a horse likes most to be groomed; the neck, back and pelvis.
- Approach grooming with vision and purpose and be consistent as the horse loves a regular routine.
- Remember grooming is more than knocking the hair off the saddle area before riding. Make it an all-over body experience.
- Grooming is one of the best ways to know what is going on with respect to your animals health.
- Grooming has a significant effect on the central nervous system to create a sense of well-being and calming.
- Don't forget that your animal is better than you at picking-up on your energy so be in the right place when you engage your grooming.
Our dog Sofi, a 9 yr. old Rhodesian ridgeback rescue, always gave us a hard time when we would groom her. We had tried expensive brushes with a row of metal teeth and it would just rip out her hair and she would fight us to no end. Slicker brushes with wire teeth would hurt her skin. Grooming gloves with round nubs would just make a mess and do nothing. The solution is curry on a stik. Sofi loves to be brushed every morning. We take her outside and brush every part of her body and she wants more. After brushing she feels so great that she starts running in circles and stops and sits at attention for more. We use curry on a stik when we bath her. The teeth get down to her skin and not only removes the shedding hair but massage her as well.
Bud is our 14 yr old long hair Chihuahua with Cushings disease and has lost most of his hair on his back. Six weeks ago he was paralyzed from bulging disk cause unknown. He went through 5 weeks of acupuncture, herbs, CBD and massaging technique with the help of massage with curry on a stik. We are happy to say that he has recovered fully. Curry on a Stik will work for any size dog.
The Japanese Akita is a very special dog. I loved their loyalty, strength and intelligence. I have been involved with this magnificent breed for over 30 yrs. Responsible for producing many champions and sold my pups world-wide. Produced the proper food and supplements to keep the breed at its finest. Grooming was another very important factor since their double thick coat needed attention.
All our barn cats love to be groomed with Curry on a Stik. Usually the cats run away from brushing! But since using the curry they now run to us as soon as they see the brush, begging to be groomed! If any animal is brutally honest about what they do or don’t like, its the feline. Cats everywhere agree that Curry on a Stik can be used on all animals, whether household pets or larger livestock.
Grooming a horse is an absolutely vital task within the equine world. It is the key to keeping a healthy coat, clear skin and aids in the bonding process! Standardly to properly groom a horse, one would need a Curry Brush, A Hard Brush, A Medium Brush and a Dandy brush in order to complete the process properly. This- is where Curry on a Stik revolutionizes the industry. With Curry on a Stik, you have one brush that can do every part of the body, from start to finish. In addition to the grooming aspect- it also has powerful therapeutic properties that have been backed and proven by the Chi Institute & specifically their long time instructor - Dr. John Langlois. Due to these aspects- even horses that usually despise grooming, tend to love Curry on a Stik. Check out Dr. Langlois’s page to learn more!